NATO is acquiring an Alliance Ground Surveillance (AGS) system that will give an overview of the situation on the ground in an area of interest.The NATO-owned and -operated AGS Core capability will enable the Alliance to perform persistent surveillance over wide areas from high-altitude, long-endurance, unmanned air platforms operating at considerable stand-off distances and in any weather or light condition. The SatCom connection from the mission area(s) back to the NATO Main Operating Base is a crucial element of providing the real or near real time information. LuxGovSat will supply the related satellite capacity and managed services around the mission planning to support NATO in this project.
Based at the NATO main operating base in Sigonella, Sicily, you will support the NATO AGS service delivery task for LuxGovSat.
The position implies various activities related to the NATO AGS capacity management and service delivery.
- Work independently as the LuxGovSat (LGS) NATO Alliance Ground Surveillance (AGS) operational expert and contact point for all aspects on the delivery of the AGS ground segment capabilities and services
- Maintain the highest level of operational and technical knowledge of these systems in order to act as the systems expert in supporting the 24/7 operations
- Be accountable for the direct delivery of the LGS AGS capability to speed the resolution of interference/faults which may be impacting customer services
- Undertake timely and unsupervised judgments involving highly complex facts, situations which require analysis and interpretation, and comparison of a wide range of options, to find solutions to rapidly resolve cases of RF interference
- Develop training material and operating procedures, and provide teaching/training of techniques and procedures to the 24x7 NATO operational teams, and to other groups across the LGS organisation
- Create reports and statistics as required on system events, activities, performance, usage of the systems, and customer-specific problems; manage the storage and retrieval of specialized data to support analysis of all events
- Ensure the availability and preparedness of the LGS AGS systems and all associated systems, data and documentation, to support the 24x7 operations when required.
- Ensure security and proper use of confidential data, either internally-provided or from external agencies and companies, which is required for the support for AGS.
- Liaise with Engineering departments for the specification, design, development, testing and acceptance of new hardware and software systems
- Participate in vendor meetings and negotiations, related to system and service development, upgrade, operations and maintenance
- Manage the service-level activities from the carrier monitoring service and other operational support systems
- Formulate long term strategic guidelines for evolving and improving LGS capability for fault resolution and Radio Frequency Interference mitigation
- Always act in a proactive and self-motivated manner to improve the overall customer operations and experience
- Provide on-call support to NATO in order to assist with resolution of urgent interference events impacting customer services
- Present complex information at international conferences, as a trusted representative of LGS, related to LGS, AGS experience
- Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5-year experience in the Satellite Telecommunications or Data Communications Industry, ideally in connection with governments or public institutions
- Existing experience or relationships into the Defense market on national or pan-regional level
- Experience in service delivery, project and/or programme management, willing to obtain recognized certifications
- Experience in operating a large spectrum of products and services (hardware, systems integration, support services, etc.)
- Proven record of working with military or other governmental agencies (being an ex-military would be an asset)
- Awareness of the governmental and institutional environment dynamics
- Strong aptitude for a systems approach to problem solving, and good analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Self-motivation and can-do attitude
- High attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in training and coaching other technical staff
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact with stakeholders and partners at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English; the knowledge of other languages is considered an additional asset.
- NATO Secret clearance level will be required
Location: Italy - Sigonella (Sicily)
Contract Type: Permanent
To see more and apply, click here