You will be responsible for the 24/7 support, management and monitoring of GovSat services, specifically supporting Governmental defence and Civilian/Institutional security communications.
You will be expected to take ownership, diagnose and resolve service anomalies in both the RF Payload and IP domains as part of a predefined incident management process. You will also perform routine operational tasks such as spectral policing, trouble ticket management, service reporting and carrier line-up activities.
As a member of a multi-skilled shift team operating within a purpose built, GovSat Secure Missions Operations Centre, you will also support other GovSat operational systems involved in the service delivery chain.
- Maintain services to the highest possible standards, considering primarily service availability and quality through the use of automatic and manual monitoring and analysis systems
- Provide 24/7 service support to GovSat customers and/or users (Rotate shifts on 24-hour duty, 7 days per week)
- Ensure spectral policing of GovSat platforms and assets
- Operate GovSat managed platforms and associated networks (global scope) with the expectation of working with Network Management Systems (NMS) from multiples vendors in the IP domain
- Be accountable for the delivery of industry leading customer service
- Perform timely and effective troubleshooting and service recovery actions
- Perform line ups of uplinks as required
- Provide technical support to customers and/or users
- Create operational reports and statistics as required
- Ensure the availability and preparedness of GovSat monitoring systems for Data services
- Liaise with and escalate to Engineering support when required (Level 2)
- Perform other duties as required by management
We offer you:
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the Telecommunication Industry
- Experience in operating satellite platforms, including VSAT and associated systems
- Good knowledge of satellite communications, architecture and protocols
- Knowledge of RF Geolocation
- Understanding of IP networks and acquaintance with platforms and Internet infrastructure
- Working knowledge of systems and server infrastructure, Carrier Monitoring systems
- Understanding of the unique demands of working within the Governmental institutional area
- Strong aptitude for a systems approach to problem solving, and good analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer and user focus
- High operational awareness
- Ability to work both in a team and independently as required (you will act as a lone worker during some shifts)
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, ability to set priorities
- Flexibility in working time, stress resistance
- Willingness to foster innovation to develop the working environment
- Fluency in English, any other languages will be considered as an asset
- NATO/EU Secret clearance are mandatory
- A diverse workplace, at GovSat we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.